Most teeth replacements come with tradeoffs, like a reduced ability to chew, a smile that looks less than natural, or teeth that can slip out of place. With dental implants in Fort Smith, you won’t need to make any compromises! Your smile will feel, look, and function the same way it did before – or maybe even better.Doctor Bill Ligon on dental implants Read Transcript
Dental implants are pretty much the only product that you can put in somebody, or prosthesis that you can put in somebody's mouth, that actually mimics more of a natural tooth as opposed to a bridge. If you have one missing tooth, one option would be to do a fixed partial denture or a bridge, so to speak, but you're bridging that to two other healthy teeth. So the success of replacing that tooth with a bridge is dependent on the other teeth on either side of that being healthy and staying healthy.
An implant is a stand-alone deal. It's on its own, it's basically, for lack of a better example, it's a screw that's threaded into your bone that integrates, “osseointegrates,” with your tissue there, and then you just have a crown that's put on top of that. And it’s, as far as a missing tooth restoration, that's the standard of care these days, I would say. For edentulous patients, like completely edentulous patients, we can put implants in, four or five implants in, and put in, like a snap-on denture in that keeps a denture from moving around, and it gives you a much better way to eat without dentures being loose. And that's another great product for patients as well.
With implants, you will enjoy:
- Comfort – Implants won’t rub against your gums, so there’s no uncomfortable friction.
- Many Teeth Replacement Options – You have a wide choice of dental restorations with implants. You can replace any number of teeth.
- Confidence – Your implants are surgically placed in your jaw where your bone grows around them in a process called osseointegration. That means they aren’t going anywhere. No more worries about teeth that slip out of place.
- Younger Appearance – Implants function like your natural tooth roots, stimulating the bone in your jaw to keep it strong. With other replacement teeth, you’ll lose bone density over time, making your face look older.
- Easy Care – Most restorations attached to implants require no more than simple brushing and flossing to keep clean.
- Better Diet – Teeth implants give you a bite strong enough to enjoy any kind of food, even crunchy apples and juicy steak.
To see if you’re a candidate to replace teeth with dental implants, call 479-668-3109 to schedule a consultation with our experienced implant dentist. We’ll assess your readiness for implants using high-tech tools like digital X-rays.
Receive Your Dental Implants Procedure From One Doctor
While a growing number of dentists offer implants, many perform only the restoration part of the procedure. So they will send you to an oral surgeon for your actual dental implant placement, then later attach your chosen dental restorations to implants. Dr. Bill Ligon, a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, performs all aspects of dental implant treatment. You’ll save time and money by not visiting an outside doctor.
Thanks to Dr. Ligon’s expertise, you can receive many kinds of dental implants:
- Implant With a Crown – Need to replace one tooth? We can attach a natural-looking zirconia dental crown to a single implant.
- Implants With a Bridge – Traditional bridges are attached to nearby teeth, which requires drilling into those healthy teeth. With an implant-supported bridge, your other teeth won’t be affected.
- Implant Dentures – Choose dentures that you can remove from implants for cleaning or dentures that stay fixed in place unless removed by your dentist.
- Mini Dental Implants – In some cases, these smaller implants are a better choice than full-size implants.
- All-on-4® Dental Implants – Dr. Ligon will attach a full arch of replacement teeth to just four implants in this innovative procedure. The entire procedure can often be performed in just one appointment.
No matter which implants you choose, you’ll have the option of receiving one of our two forms of safe dental sedation to stay relaxed throughout your procedure.