Saving damaged teeth with restorative dentistry is a big part of our practice. Yet there are many reasons teeth may need to be removed. With oral surgery in Fort Smith, we make extractions as easy and comfortable as possible.
- Dentists who can perform most extractions, though we may refer you to a specialist for impacted wisdom teeth
- Advanced technology like digital X-rays to help us plan your treatment
- A choice of two kinds of relaxing dental sedation to keep you calm throughout your procedure
- TVs in every care room for an entertaining diversion
If you think you may need an extraction, call us today at 479-668-3109.
You May Need to Remove Your Teeth to Protect Your Smile
While it’s possible to save many teeth, sometimes the best option is to remove them. Here are some situations where we may recommend tooth removal:
- Wisdom Teeth – These third molars may be painful and negatively impact your nearby teeth. They can also make you more prone to decay and gum disease.
- Dental Restorations – It may be necessary to remove some teeth to make room for dentures or other dental restorations.
- Extreme Damage – In many cases teeth can be saved – but not always. For example, if a crack in a tooth extends below your gumline, it will need to be removed.
No matter why teeth are extracted, we’ll make you as comfortable as possible during the procedure. That includes offering you a choice of two kinds of sedation: laughing gas or an oral sedative.
Restore Your Smile With Our Tooth Replacement Options
We recommend replacing teeth as soon as possible following an extraction. To avoid the bone loss that typically occurs when you lose teeth, you’ll want to choose dental implants. Your implant options include:
- Single-Implant Crown – Replace one tooth with an implant restored with a dental crown.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – Fill a gap left by multiple teeth with a bridge anchored by dental implants.
- Implant Dentures – There are several ways to attach dentures and fixed arches of teeth to implants, including an All-on-4® procedure.
If you’d rather not get implants, you can choose a conventional bridge or dentures.
For oral surgery in Fort Smith, call 479-668-3109. You can also make an appointment .