Replacing most or all of your teeth with dental implants is pretty amazing but can seem intimidating too. In some cases, you’ll need a lengthy healing period after your implants are placed before we can attach your replacement teeth to them. But it’s possible to reduce the hassle – and the expense – of full-mouth reconstruction with All-on-4® dental implants in Fort Smith.Doctor Bill Ligon on All on Four Read Transcript
All-on-4®, typically most people with lower dentures that have had a lot of atrophy to their jawbone, they just really don't have a ridge where you can put a denture on and get any kind of stability with it. The All-on-4 concept, you have implants that are placed. And basically, you put a little cap inside the denture itself, and it basically just snaps on. You get a good tight fit on that. You don't have something that's flopping around. It's an excellent, excellent treatment for someone that doesn't have enough of a lower jaw to engage in and make a denture stable.
As from a health benefit standpoint, we have a lot of elderly population that just can't tolerate dentures – conventional dentures, I should say – because they move around. And people just can't masticate their food properly, and it causes them to lose weight to a point that's unhealthy. Having dental implants placed and putting a denture in allows people to eat. Eat steak, for example. I mean, whatever. That just gives them a more, wider variety of foods that they're able to eat, so that in turn can get a person back to a healthier situation.
This dental implant treatment is:
- Easier on Your Jaw – We’ll attach a full arch of replacement teeth to four implants. This means less pressure on your jaw. Plus, since implants stimulate your jaw much like natural tooth roots, your jaw will stay strong and healthy.
- More Affordable – Since we use just four implants per arch, this procedure typically is less expensive than other full-mouth implant treatments. You likely won’t need an additional treatment, like a bone graft, to prepare your jaw for implants.
- Faster – With fewer implants, the procedure doesn’t take as long. You’ll also recover in less time and will make fewer trips to our office for progress checks.
- Good for Your Diet – Implants give you a bite strong enough to enjoy all your favorite foods, including healthy foods. In addition, when performed in your upper jaw, an All-on-4 procedure leaves your palate exposed so you can more fully taste your food.
- Convenient – Your replacement teeth remain in place, so no removal for cleaning is needed. Brush and floss them just like your natural teeth, and visit us for regular dental cleanings.
Interested in a full-mouth teeth replacement? Call us today at 479-668-3109 for a consultation with Dr. Bill Ligon, a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. With his implant expertise and digital X-rays, Dr. Ligon can determine the optimal number of implants to use. You may benefit from receiving six implants per arch in a procedure called All-on-6.
Relax With Dental Sedation During Implant Placement
We’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia before placing your dental implants. While this is enough to keep many patients comfortable, you can opt to receive dental sedation if desired. We offer two sedation options:
- Laughing Gas – Fast-acting inhaled sedation wears off quickly too and leaves no lingering grogginess.
- Oral Sedative – Take a safe prescription pill prior to your procedure. You’ll arrive feeling fully relaxed.
For All-on-4 dental implants in Fort Smith, call Dallas Street Dental at 479-668-3109.