In their nearly 40 combined years of practicing dentistry, Dr. Bill Ligon and Dr. Hannah Buso have seen just about every possible way a tooth can be damaged, from untreated infection to bad breaks. No matter what kind of damage you’ve suffered, our dentists can likely fix it with dental crowns and bridges in Fort Smith.Doctor Bill Ligon on dental crowns Read Transcript
As far as crowns are concerned, some people do them for cosmetic reasons, which it's a great, great procedure, that along with veneers. But if you have a tooth, for instance, that's broken down to a point that you think that you're going to have to have the tooth extracted, a lot of times we can build that tooth back up with our adhesive materials and then put a crown on top of that. And it kind of protects it, puts it back in use for you, and you're able to keep your tooth and not have to have it taken out and still be able to eat and function as you would with your normal natural tooth.
Dental restoration with crowns or bridges will:
- Restore your full oral functionality so you can eat whatever you’d like
- Allow you to keep teeth intact so you can avoid the hassles of tooth removal and related problems like loss of jawbone structure
- Keep your dental damage from worsening
- Fill gaps in your smile left by missing teeth
To see if you need a crown or bridge, call us today at 479-668-3109.
We’ll Help Find the Right Restoration for Your Repair
Our dentists use versatile crowns and bridges in numerous ways to restore your smile’s health. They include:
- Single Crown – A natural-looking zirconia crown will repair and strengthen teeth that are decayed, cracked, or broken. If you’d prefer, we can use a gold crown instead. Crowns can also be used to hide cosmetic issues like deep stains, and we typically seal a tooth with a crown following a root canal.
- Implant Crown – We can attach a single crown to a single dental implant for a natural-looking tooth replacement.
- Fixed Dental Bridge – You can use a bridge to fill gaps in your smile left by a single tooth or several teeth in a row. We’ll anchor a bridge to your adjacent teeth using dental crowns. Unlike a denture, you don’t need to remove a bridge for cleaning.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – To avoid drilling into healthy teeth, we can attach a bridge to dental implants.
If your dental damage is less severe, we may recommend another restoration, such as a filling or a veneer. No matter which restoration we use, your smile will look and feel great again! For dental crowns and bridges in Fort Smith, call 479-668-3109.