No matter how much you brush and floss at home, you’ll likely miss substances that can get into tight spots where they can cause cavities and gum disease. With dental cleanings and exams in Fort Smith, we’ll ensure your teeth are completely clean. Since these services are essential to your dental health, we recommend making time for them at least twice a year.Doctor Hannah Buso on dental cleanings and exams Read Transcript
When coming in for regular cleanings and exams, you get to see the hygienist who will do the cleanings, and then you get to see the dentist who will come in and evaluate any X-rays along with an exam in the mouth. And between the hygienist and the dentist, we're very thorough. It's very important to come in for regular cleanings and exams to help prevent any oral disease or any systemic disease. So if you're looking for a new dentist, come on in to Dallas Street Dental, and we will be more than happy to help you.
During your exam, we will:
- Discuss your smile goals with you so we can create a treatment plan for achieving them
- Screen you for oral cancer using a high-tech tool called VELscope
- Remove plaque from teeth and gums, including spots that are tough to reach at home
- Make recommendations for preventive dental care to keep your teeth and gums healthy
- Answer any questions you have
To schedule your next exam, call us today at 479-668-3109. If you’re a new patient, you’ll pay just $20 for an introductory exam including a full set of X-rays. We’re also happy to see multiple family members in a single block of time; ask about this option when you make your appointment.
Find Small Problems to Keep Them From Becoming Bigger Ones
We use non-invasive tools like digital X-rays and VELscope to help detect potential problems. The earlier we find these issues, the better! It’s easy to repair a small cavity with a filling, but a larger one will require a dental crown. Left untreated, bacteria can get inside your tooth and cause an infection that will require a root canal.
Cavities happen when bacteria combines with sugars and carbohydrates to form a sticky film called plaque. Acids in plaque eat through your tooth enamel to cause cavities. While you can remove plaque by brushing and flossing, it is easy to miss in areas such as between teeth or on back teeth. That is why it’s important to see us for a professional dental cleaning at least twice a year.
We may also suggest:
- Fluoride – Applying fluoride to teeth strengthens enamel so it’s more resistant to damage caused by plaque.
- Dental Sealants – These thin plastic coatings keep bacteria from getting into the tough-to-clean grooves on the top of your teeth.
For dental cleanings and exams in Fort Smith, call Dallas Street Dental at 479-668-3109.