The cliche about an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure is certainly true when it comes to your smile. It’s nearly impossible to have a great smile without general dentistry in Fort Smith. Since you’ll likely visit our office more for general dental care than for any other services, it gives us a great opportunity to know more about your dental needs and wants.Doctor Hannah Buso on General Dentistry Read Transcript
There are a lot of reasons it's important to see a general dentist, not just for teeth. A lot of diseases that are in the mouth can actually contribute to heart disease, and there are a lot of other physiological problems that can start from the bacteria in the mouth. Seeing a general dentist on a regular basis can actually help prevent some of these systemic diseases that can be caused from not taking care of your mouth on a regular basis. We've got hygienists that do cleanings, which are very important, and then any general work that we need to do as far as crowns or fillings or root canals even, sometimes extractions are necessary, all to keep you healthy.
Our general dental care will:
- Help you avoid cavities and gum disease
- Keep your smile looking and feeling terrific
- Relieve uncomfortable problems like dry mouth and halitosis (bad breath)
- Protect your teeth from athletic injuries and other damage
- Improve your overall health as well as your dental health
Visit Us Regularly for General Dental Care
You can trust us with your dental health. We’ll even screen you for oral cancer. We offer these services for your smile:
- Dental Exams – We’ll give your mouth a thorough exam, including an oral cancer screening. We use high-tech tools like digital X-rays to ensure we don’t miss any potential problems.
- Dental Cleanings – Our team will rid your teeth of harmful plaque, tartar, and bacteria.
- Gum Disease Treatment – If we find gum disease, we’ll treat it with a special deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing.
- Custom Mouthguards – We can fit you for a custom mouthguard to protect your smile during sports. We can also provide mouthguards that can prevent you from grinding your teeth and keep you from snoring.
- Preventive Dental Treatments – In addition to regular cleanings, you can receive fluoride applications and/or dental sealants to help keep your teeth strong and fight off cavities.