Some four million people in the U.S. wear braces, 25 percent of them adults. If you aren’t seeing those braces, it’s no coincidence. There are more ways than ever before to straighten your smile. Many of them, like our orthodontics in Fort Smith, are so inconspicuous that most people won’t even notice them.Doctor Bill Ligon on orthodontics options Read Transcript
We have several different options for orthodontics. One of the main things that we do is a product called Six Month Smiles. It's actually braces, the bands and brackets that go on your teeth, but the brackets themselves are tooth-colored, so it's not so noticeable – or actually, they're clear. The wires are tooth-colored, so it's not a really noticeable procedure. We do a lot of patients, believe it or not, that are 40, 50 years old.
We got a lady in braces right now that's 54 years old. She just started about a month ago. She's always had crooked teeth, and she wants her smile to be nice and straight, and we're able to achieve that. We also do ClearCorrect. If you want like an Invisalign-type product, we do that as well, something that you can take in and out of your mouth, but we've had great, great results. We do a lot of orthodontics here, and most of the time, it's highly successful in making a patient's smile better.
Our orthodontics options will:
- Give you a straight smile in less time than traditional braces
- Blend easily into your smile, so no one will even realize you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment
- Use custom treatment plans that are designed just for your smile
- Straighten your teeth, whether you need only minor cosmetic improvements or correction of more complex issues that affect your bite
- Offer more comfortable straightening than conventional braces
Call 479-668-3109 to schedule an orthodontics consultation. Our dentists will examine you and help determine the type of treatment that will work best for your smile. Because Dr. Hannah Buso underwent four years of orthodontic treatment as a young woman, she has a very personal understanding of the factors that you will want to consider.
Use Invisible Aligners for Straightening Teeth Without Metal
We offer orthodontic aligners from two popular brands: ClearCorrect and Six Month Smiles. Both of them use clear plastic aligners instead of braces to move your teeth into place. We take impressions of your teeth and use special 3D software to create a custom treatment plan for you. Your aligners are manufactured at an off-site laboratory. When you receive them, you wear each set of aligners for about two weeks before switching to the next ones in the series.
Your aligners are:
- Transparent – Since they are made of clear plastic, your aligners aren’t easy to see in your smile.
- Comfortable – Without metal brackets and wires, aligners won’t irritate your mouth the way that braces can.
- Removable – You can take your aligners out for meals, which means you won’t have to avoid any foods due to fear of damaging braces. Removable aligners also keep oral hygiene simple; no more maneuvering floss around braces!
Most patients complete their treatment with orthodontic aligners in less time than braces. The majority of adults finish ClearCorrect treatment within 12 months. Since Six Month Smiles aligners focus on cosmetic improvement rather than bite alignment, average treatment time is just six months.
See Results in Just a Few Months With Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles uses wires and brackets to apply gentle force to teeth, much like conventional braces. But that is where the resemblance ends. Six Month Smiles doesn’t straighten all your teeth, just the ones that show when you smile. Because of this, most patients get the results they want in six months or less. In addition to fast treatment time, the braces offer:
- Discreet Straightening – With clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, Six Month Smiles braces won’t stand out in your smile like conventional braces.
- Affordability – Because you’ll complete your treatment in less time than braces, Six Month Smiles typically cost less.
- Gentle Movement – With its focus on fewer teeth, only low force is needed to modify your smile.