Like an untreated cold that gets into your lungs and turns into pneumonia, unchecked dental anxiety can become full-on fear that prevents you from getting the dental care you need. For many patients, controlling anxiety is easier with sedation. If you’re ready to put your anxiety behind you, ask about our sedation options in Fort Smith.
In addition to sedation, we offer:
- Expert treatment from dentists with almost four decades of combined experience between them
- Full explanations of your treatment so you know what is going on
- A caring team who understands how to make you feel relaxed
- Longer appointments, if you need more time
- A full range of services, from dental cleanings to dental implants, so you can receive all your care from a team you know and trust
- Effective local anesthesia to numb your mouth
- Diversions like complimentary Wi-Fi and TVs in every treatment room to keep you entertained
- Patient-friendly technology like a laser for comfortable treatment
For no-stress dentistry, call Dallas Street Dental at 479-668-3109.
Choose the Right Level of Relaxation for Your Needs
Because every dental procedure is different, you can choose from two kinds of sedation:
- Inhaled Sedation – Also called laughing gas, you’ll relax right away after inhaling this light sedative through a small mask over your nose. It wears off fast too, with no grogginess, so you can drive yourself home after your procedure. Even young children can receive laughing gas.
- Oral Sedative – We’ll provide you with a safe prescription pill that you’ll typically take at home before your appointment. You’ll arrive at our office already feeling relaxed and stay that way throughout your treatment. You’ll feel groggy for several hours, so you’ll need a ride home.
Sedation Dentistry Helps You Get the Care You Need
In addition to soothing nerves, dental sedation is also useful if:
- You have a sensitive gag reflex
- You are undergoing a lengthy procedure, or even several procedures at once
- You have sensitive teeth or gums
- You find it difficult to remain still during treatment
To find out more about your sedation options in Fort Smith, call 479-668-3109. You can also request an appointment .