With spring break just around the corner for many families, you are likely planning on taking a vacation. It’s a wonderful opportunity to relax and have fun with your loved ones. However, don’t forget about the importance of taking care of your oral health while you are gone. There are a few essential oral care products that can help you maintain a fabulous smile before, during, and after your trip.
We have a few must-have items to pack before you go:
- Travel-Sized Soft Bristle Toothbrush – When you go on your trip, take a travel-sized soft bristle toothbrush with you. It’s easier to pack, and you won’t damage or lose your good toothbrushes at home. Don’t forget to brush twice a day for at least two minutes to help your smile stay healthy.
- Fluoride Travel Toothpaste – Make sure to pack a smaller-sized travel toothpaste made with fluoride. Again, the smaller size is easier to take with you. Also, you may not be going to an area that doesn’t have fluoride in the water. So, it’s important your teeth are exposed to this to maintain strong tooth enamel.
- Dental Floss – Flossing is as essential as tooth brushing. Make sure you floss at least once before bed or, ideally, after every meal. It gets rid of the food particles or plaque from your teeth that keeps decay and gum infection away.
- Travel-Sized Mouthwash – Mouthwash not only freshens your breath, but it also can kill harmful bacteria. Plus, you strengthen your tooth enamel if you choose one that is made with fluoride and is alcohol-free.
- Sugar-Free Gum – Choose sugar-free gum made with xylitol to chew in between meals. Your mouth stays fresh, and since it increases the saliva in your mouth, you wash away harmful bacteria. Plus, if you tend to enjoy too much sugar on vacation, this can help cut down on cravings.
- Retainer – If you’ve just completed your orthodontic treatment, like our ClearCorrect aligners, don’t forget your retainer! Even letting a week go by without wearing it can cause your teeth to shift out of place. So, take it with you in a special case and make sure to wear it regularly on your vacation.
After your time away from home, you may be wondering how your smile is doing. Don’t hesitate to schedule a dental checkup! We can thoroughly clean your teeth and do an examination of your whole mouth. We’ll make sure your oral health is in top shape!